Welcome to another week of suggested social media posts that will help keep you connected with your people and support your business! Let’s get right to our tip of the week.
Are You Maximizing Your Space?
A cover photo is one of the most important things on your page or profile. It’s the first thing anyone will see, as well as the largest thing on your page. Here are a few guidelines to help you come up with the perfect cover photo:
- Make sure the size is correct, and conducive to mobile and desktop. Here’s an article with a more depth size description.
- You can use text, but keep it primarily visual.
- Make sure your cover image has a focal point and colors that match your brand.
- Draw attention to the action buttons on the bottom and align things to the right if possible.
- Consider using a video as a unique and eye-catching option for a cover photo.
You can find pre-made PorchLight cover photos here at the bottom of the page.
Social Posts for the Coming Week
Remember to read and double-check before posting to make sure that you haven’t copied and pasted any portion of the instructions into your post!
A quick refresher on how to post the provided content:
- Copy and paste the text into your status bar on Facebook via desktop or the app. If there’s text in red, a photo should appear below what you just pasted.
- Scroll to the top of what you just posted and remove the link. You can check that the actual link remained active by making sure the photo that appeared is still there.
- If something in the suggested post doesn’t quite feel like you, feel free to make edits and show your personality. Finally, click “Post” and you’re done!
- To share something from Facebook just click the “Click here” link in the calendar below, then click “Share” on the post.
- For your personal page, you will just input the suggested text, then click Post.
- For a business page, you’ll click the dropdown page, click “Share on a page you manage” then choose your business page, then input the suggested text and click Post.
- This is the same on mobile, only before anything for both personal profiles or a business page you’ll need to click “Write a Post.”
- If you have a listing post the following on the day it goes live:
- A blurb about the home such as: Incredible 1-bedroom 1-bathroom condo in the perfect Downtown Denver location! $225,000.
- The link to your listing’s virtual tour to generate traffic. Double-check that all information is up-to-date, contact your ASC to correct anything.
- Best Practices for Instagram:
- Download all the photos onto your computer
- Share them to your phone in your preferred method
- E-mail, AirDrop, text, etc.
- If you have a Mac, AirDrop is the easiest way, just make sure it’s turned on first. Here are instructions.
- E-mail, AirDrop, text, etc.
- Copy + paste the captions and share them to your phone in your preferred method
- E-mail, text, etc.
- Or open the social media calendar on your phone and copy them from there
- Note that links cannot be placed in Instagram captions. You’ll need to place it in your bio, you can find instructions on how to here.
Social Graphic: Boulder Stats
Message: Redecorating a space is always fun—especially when it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg!
Message: Ready to learn more about Denver? Take an at-home walking tour!
- Click here to download the full size image.
- Message: Honestly, 2020 is so ridiculous that you have to laugh (or you might cry).
Message: Getting your home ready for sale? Remember to always look at your spaces from the eyes of a buyer, not just your own perspective.
Message: These exteriors are gorgeous! I don’t know if I can pick a favorite—what’s yours?