What: According to the new Eighth Amended Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home and In The Vast, Great Outdoors for the State of Colorado, Open Houses can now resume. This is great news for agents and clients who want to hold them, as well as agents looking to add stranger leads to their pipeline!
However: There are extensive requirements that must be followed to conduct open houses safely and within the guidelines mandated by both state and local ordinances.
Details: While PLS, marketing and all support teams will provide the same comprehensive support, your actual open house will need to be run a bit differently. Take a look:
- Listing agents must have the COVID-19 Advisory form signed by their sellers.
- All Open House attendees must wear gloves and masks, no exceptions. They’re also not allowed to touch any doorknobs or use the restrooms.
- People must have space to social distance and avoid being in stairways or hallways together, approximately 5 people per 1,000 square feet. Be sure to account for floor space taken by furniture, cabinets and other items. Feel free to use this Social Distancing Space Calculator.
- To meet the ventilation requirements, open all available windows and doors during the Open House. Read more about the OSHA ventilation requirements.
- A detailed log for all attendees is required. So, we’ll provide signage for each Open House that includes a QR code taking people to a digital sign-in sheet. Once they submit their info, they’ll be taken to a confirmation screen. Please have people show this screen to you before they enter, to ensure we’ve collected their info. We’ll be sending each hosting agent the information for all visitors who signed in during their OH shift, for lead follow-up opportunities.
- Watch the Legal Bites video below. CAR General Counsel, Scott Peterson, breaks down all the requirements you need to know. And be sure to view the Public Health Order for yourself.
Have Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk to your Managing Broker or Amy directly!