Welcome to another week of suggested social media posts that will help keep you connected with your people and support your business! Let’s get right to our tip of the week.
The 4 Best Posts for Instagram Engagement
If you aren’t on Instagram yet, there’s no time like the present! Instagram is a highly visual platform and with beautiful homes at your fingertips every day. Once you are on Instagram, here are the 4 best posts for engagement to help you further curate your profile.
- Business & Personal Branding: Showcase your vibe. Include meetings, parties, successes, etc. Don’t be afraid to show your personality and give people an opportunity to connect and resonate with you and your brand.
- Behind The Scenes of Transactions: People love seeing real estate sales in action—that’s why there are so many real estate shows on TV. Post behind the scenes footage of how to stage a home, the challenges and obstacles you’re facing, buyers getting keys to their dream house. If HGTV can make millions doing it, so can you.
- Behind the Scenes of Your Listings: Be aware of the Coming Soon regulations with this, but people are nosey by nature—give them what they want! Snap pictures of photographers shooting pictures, a first look at the home once it’s staged, etc. All it takes is one person to see it and share it with a friend who’s looking to buy in the area.
- Out & About/Neighborhood Features: Have a favorite coffee shop or restaurant? Know the best spot for a hike? Share it! If you’re targeting a particular neighborhood, find out what makes it unique and create a series of posts about its schools, restaurants, parks, bars, etc.
Social Posts for the Coming Week
Remember to read and double-check before posting to make sure that you haven’t copied and pasted any portion of the instructions into your post!
- Copy and paste the text into your status bar on Facebook via desktop or the app. If there’s text in red, a photo should appear below what you just pasted.
- Scroll to the top of what you just posted and remove the link. You can check that the actual link remained active by making sure the photo that appeared is still there.
- If something in the suggested post doesn’t quite feel like you, feel free to make edits and show your personality. Finally, click “Post” and you’re done!
- To share something from Facebook just click the “Click here” link in the calendar below, then click “Share” on the post.
- For your personal page, you will just input the suggested text, then click Post.
- For a business page, you’ll click the dropdown page, click “Share on a page you manage” then choose your business page, then input the suggested text and click Post.
- This is the same on mobile, only before anything for both personal profiles or a business page you’ll need to click “Write a Post.”
- If you have a listing post the following on the day it goes live:
- A blurb about the home such as: Incredible 1-bedroom 1-bathroom condo in the perfect Downtown Denver location! $225,000.
- The link to your listing’s virtual tour to generate traffic. Double-check that all information is up-to-date, contact your ASC to correct anything.
- Best Practices for Instagram:
- Download all the photos onto your computer
- Share them to your phone in your preferred method
- E-mail, AirDrop, text, etc.
- If you have a Mac, AirDrop is the easiest way, just make sure it’s turned on first. Here are instructions.
- E-mail, AirDrop, text, etc.
- Copy + paste the captions and share them to your phone in your preferred method
- E-mail, text, etc.
- Or open the social media calendar on your phone and copy them from there
Social Graphic: Boulder Stats
Boulder stats are now available for April 2020!
- Click here to download the Boulder stats social graphic
- Click here to share from the Porchlight Facebook page after it’s posted at 9am
- Message: Here’s a sneak peek at what’s happening in the Boulder real estate market. Get the full update at bit.ly/plboulderstats or contact me to discuss how you can safely and smartly buy or sell right now.
Message: What’s the #lastnormalphoto in your camera roll?
Marketing note: Go the extra mile and post your last normal photo in the comments (with an explanation) and add the message: Mine is in the comments below!
Full Plates Project
Our virtual food drive collecting donations that will be matched by PorchLight up to $10,000 is coming to end soon! For our final push, you can feature new social graphics showing just how far their donations go.
- Click here to download the social graphics
- Share our post by visiting PorchLight’s Facebook page after 9am on Friday
- Message: Our virtual food drive to nourish our friends and neighbors in need is reaching the end. No donation is too small and PorchLight will match all contributions up to $10,000. Let’s keep it going!
Message: An interesting perspective on the old “bake cookies before an open house” trick!
Message: I’ve seen a lot of companies implementing permanent WFH until this fall—if you’re one of them and need a more long-term home office situation, take a look at this article for inspiration and tips.
- Click here to download the Memorial Day social graphic
- Share our post by visiting PorchLight’s Facebook page after 9am on Monday
Message: Today, and every day, we honor the sacrifices so many have made to help protect our freedom. Learn about the symbolism of Memorial Day poppies at bit.ly/memorialpoppy.
Message: If you’re looking for a dedicated WFH space, a not so open floorplan, maybe a park-like backyard, I can help! Just get in touch and let me know what’s on your wish list.